Wednesday 23 February 2011

Annihilation Time - This One's for You, God (2002)


Frantic punk/hardcore in the same breath as
Zeke or Suicidal Tendencies.

With a speedy delivery of songs and old school
vocals, this is a quick blast of tuneful aggression.

Plenty of Greg Ginn worship here - nothing wrong
with that - but also with something that Black Flag
had and sometimes gets overlooked - they rock like
a bastard!

Throw in lots of Thin Lizzy type guitar licks and
lightning quick soloing and you have an album that
never fails to put a smile on my face.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, they do not get mentioned that lot but it does what it says on the tin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post inspired me to get my act together and get on a posting spree. Lot of punky vibes floating around VDO today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fucking hell man - you have gone post crazy ...... so much stuff for me to listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm done now! I swear. If you check anything out today let it be Cursed (if you don't know them already)

    ReplyDelete