Tuesday 18 January 2011

David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World (1970)




















This was the first album to use the backing band
who would become the "Spiders from Mars".

All songs were written by Bowie but the music
was largely arranged by Ronson and Visconti.

Mick Ronson flexed his guitar hero muscle and
made this album the heaviest of Bowie's career.

Heavy rock riffs and screaming solos combined
with Bowie's lyrics about insanity, war, sex and
religion make this a fantastic classic rock listen.

There are at least 3 different covers for this but
I have used the one I grew up with.

...... a fact that no one really cares about is:
this is one of the 1st albums I ever brought and
the music it contained made me search out other
heavy guitar music, so for me, I can say it
changed my musical life!

2 comments:

  1. Classic. This is the cover that I know too. Probably something I should listen to more often. I can usually be found spinning Ziggy or Hunky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't say enough about the importance of this album.

    http://www.skopemag.com/2013/02/06/red-book-red-sail-a-jungian-bowie-blog

    ReplyDelete